LANIVET SCHOOL SPORTS PREMIUM
What is the Primary Sport Premium?
The government are spending over £450 million on improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools over the three academic years 2103 -14, 2014-15 and 2015-16. This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport, and will see money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport.
Please click the link below to GOV.UK for guidance on how the money can be used.
PURPOSE OF THE FUNDING
Schools have the freedom to choose how they use the funding. Possible uses for funding include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- setting up Change4Life sports clubs
- providing resources and training courses in PE and sport for teachers
- running sports competitions or increasing participation in school games
- providing places for pupils on after school/lunchtime sports clubs
Please look at the next pages to find out what we have already spent some of our Sport Premium Funding on at Lanivet School.
It should be noted that due to building work over running considerably we had to set aside a large amount of the Sports Premium funding to improve our playground and to add extra activities to the outdoor areas once the building was completed. The work has now been completed and following the resurfacing of the playground (April 2016) we will be providing new outdoor equipment.